Wage subsidy extended but targeted –
· From 10 June for an 8 week period, firms and the self- employed/sole traders who can prove their revenue has halved over the previous 30 days compared to the year before will be eligible.
· The payment remains at $585 per fulltime worker and will be paid to employers in a lump sum.
Ecommerce support for small businesses
· $10 million in funding to support small businesses to improve their e-commerce service offerings, and incentives/grants to encourage ecommerce adoption.
Research and Development
· $150 million short-term temporary loan scheme to incentivise businesses to continue R&D programmes. The loans will provide one-off finance and will be administered by Callaghan Innovation.
· $216 million boost to New Zealand Trade and Enterprise to expand the scope and intensity of support provided to exporting firms.
· $1.6 billion in a Trades and Apprentices Package including financial support for businesses to retain their apprentices, free apprenticeships and training in targeted critical industries. There is a specific $50 million fund for Maori Apprentices and Trades Training.
Infrastructure and housing
· $3 billion more for infrastructure, including building 8000 state and social houses over the next 4 to 5 years.
· 1.1 billion to create 11,000 green jobs including regional environmental projects, biosecurity and pest control roles, and DOC's "job for nature" fund.
Tourism Recovery Fund
· $400 million - including a transition programme to support businesses to plan for the next steps, a fund to ensure key tourism assets survive and a domestic tourism campaign.